VLT® Sine-Wave Filter
Reduce the motor insulation stress and bearing currents.
VLT® Sine-wave Filter MCC 101 output filters are differential-mode low-pass filters that suppress the switching frequency component from the drive and smooth out the phase-to-phase output voltage of the drive to become sinusoidal. This reduces the motor insulation stress and bearing currents.
By supplying the motor with a sinusoidal voltage waveform, the switching acoustic noise from the motor is also eliminated.
IP 00 and IP 20 wall-mounted enclosure up to 75 A (500 V)/45 A (690 V)
IP 23 floor-standing enclosure from 115 A (500 V)/76 A (690 V)
3 x 200 – 500 V, 2.5 – 800 A
3 x 525 – 690 V, 4.5 – 660 A
Side by side mount with the drive up to 75 A (500 V) and 45 A (690 V)
Quality and Design
All filters are designed and tested for operation with the VLT® AutomationDrive FC 302, VLT® AQUA Drive FC 202, and the VLT® HVAC Drive FC 102. They are rated for the nominal switching frequency of the VLT® FC series and therefore no derating of the drive is needed.
The enclosure is designed to match the look and quality of the VLT® FC series drives.
Thermal losses and bearing currents
· The sinusoidal voltage supply to the motor reduces hysteresis thermal losses in the motor. Since the motor insulation lifetime is dependent on the motor temperature, the sine-wave filter prolongs the lifetime of the motor.
· The sinusoidal motor terminal voltage from the sine-wave filter furthermore has the advantage of suppressing any bearing currents in the motor. This reduces the risk of flashover in the motor bearings and thereby also contributes to extended motor lifetime and increased service intervals.
· Compatible with all control principles including flux and VVC+
· Parallel filter installation is possible for applications in the high power range
· Supplies the motor with a sinusoidal voltage waveform
· Eliminates over-voltages and voltage spikes caused by cable reflections
· Reduces electromagnetic interference by eliminating pulse reflection caused by current ringing in the motor cable. This allows the use of unshielded motor cables in some applications
· Eliminates acoustic noise in motor
· Reduces high frequent losses in motor